JOB TITLE: MEDICAL SECRETARY, MEDICAL OFFICE
Position Reports To: LPN/RN and DON
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Perform secretarial duties utilizing specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures. Duties include scheduling appointments, billing patients, and compiling and recording medical information, reports, and correspondence.
- Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, and medical consultations.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Receive and route messages and documents such as laboratory results to appropriate staff.
- Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, and medical records.
- Record, maintain, and update medical information in EHR.
- Transmit correspondence and medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Perform various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the MA may have access to confidential information relating to patients, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Good, solid judgment and discretion needed when using customer service skills in conjunction with set policies and procedures. Clear and conceptual thinking ability, ability to handle work related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
Use computer, office software, and standard office equipment such as: multi line telephone, fax/copier, and mailing equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience with her E.H.R system preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Six months to one year of medical office experience required; 2 years preferred.
- Medical Terminology Course preferred
- Personality and demeanor to deal with the public and assist ill, older, or distraught patients.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have excellent customer service, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Good sense of organization.
- Must pay attention to detail, have telephone skills, and be professional at all times.
Work involves varied activities which include standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. The job calls for manual and finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and occasionally lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to normal range are both required. Work may be performed under stressful conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of this job whenever it deems necessary.
Interested and qualified professionals may submit a resume to email@example.com.