To provide paraprofessional support to physician and nurses as it relates to phone and paper flow.
- Answer phone taking all messages and matching to appropriate records. Emergency calls to be passed directly to nurse or physician.
- Filing of all dictation and test results, office and hospital.
- Fax and copy medical records as requested.
- Act as inner office courier as needed.
- Call other offices or insurance companies as needed for authorization numbers.
- Call normal test results if requested.
- Call in prescriptions if requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Dealing with patient information/patient records. All information is
- Must take very good phone messages and make sure messages are processed.
- Failure to do so could result in patients illness going untreated.
- Must possess good organizational skills. Must possess a great deal of common sense.
- Error in judgement and lack of customer service skills could lead to poor relations with the patients which would result in poor public relations for the physician and clinic.
- Errors in job duties could lead to patients illness going untreated or medication not called in a timely manner.
Heavy contact with patients on the phone. Daily interaction with co-workers.
Telephone; computers to access medical record numbers on occasion.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must have excellent hearing and excellent eyesight.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Unit coordinator course or medical terminology course through
Preferred: At least one year experience in medical office/setting
Job Type: Full-time