Job Title: Executive Assistant Department: Administration Date: 10/09/2015 Position Reports to: Administrator FLSA Status: Non-Exempt POSITION SUMMARY: To assist the physicians and Administrator/Asst. Administrator in all phases of general operation of the clinic and maintaining the physicians’ compliance with medical and governmental regulations. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a personal file for each physician. Assist physicians with personal correspondence and professional correspondence as needed to maintain their license-medical occupation & DEA.
- Track physicians CME credits so they are always in compliance.
- Act as a liaison with physicians and attorneys regarding malpractice claims/suits, DOH claims/suits and other legal matters (set depositions, conferences, prepare interrogatories, exhibits, etc.)
- Responsible to perform and/or oversee re-credentialing of doctors with insurance companies, hospitals, etc. (fill out forms, assemble attachments, etc)
- Responsible for credentialing new physicians as well as establishing their practice-licenses, personnel/personal insurance registrations, etc.
- Work with recruiters to procure new physicians for the Clinic. Arrange interviews, travel arrangements, etc.
- Take patient complaints and problem solve or turn to proper people for resolution. Act as risk manager designee for office surgery program and for general clinic incidents.
- Assist Administrator and Asst. Administrator as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
CONFIDENTIALITY: Exposure to highly confidential matters, handle highly confidential personnel medical and legal matters.
MENTAL APPLICATION: A lot of work is governed by policy/procedure, however, will need to make decisions daily regarding patient complaints, legal issues, and insurance matters.
CONTACTS: Extensive contact with patients, physicians, staff, attorneys, insurance companies, recruiters and other health care facilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoor, AC, heated, normal office setup.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION: Computer, word processor, spread sheets, network programs, internet and email.
Required: High School/GED
Required: Able to handle highly confidential matters, good problem solving skills, tact, patience, general clerical skills. Multi-tasking ability, negotiating skills, detail oriented, handle large quantity of work with quality results.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Must have full use of arms & legs, able to sit for long periods. Excellent eyesight and hearing, and excellent communication skills. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of the job whenever it deems necessary.