General Ultrasound Technologist
Job Title: General Ultrasound Technologist
Position Reports To: Radiology Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- The General Ultrasound Technologist performs exams required in specialty that meets physician/radiologist standards for interpretation.
- Performs quality sonography exams.
- Writes impression for physician and seeks assistance when needed for interpretation.
- Matches images with proper paperwork and turns in for reading.
- Works with schedules for routine & abdomen, biopsies, vascular, and some OB.
- Assists others in department when not scanning.
- Performs other duties as required.
- All patient information is confidential.
- Very operator-dependent testing-must know when to ask for physician assistance in obtaining results.
- Possibility of liability-professionalism, patient complaint-some invasion-pelvic exams.
- High contact with patients & staff.
- In the Radiology department, work with equipment and patients; air-conditioned.
- Acuson, Siemens US, RIS system, supplies, computer.
- High School/GED
- RDMS (Radiology)
- ADV. State license
- ABD RDMS OB/GYN (coverage)
- (RUT) for vascular coverage
- Board eligible (minimum)
- 1-2 years scanning experience in modality.
- Competency in areas required.
Must have full use of arms & legs, good vision & hearing. Must be able to help patients on and off the table. Must be able to handle all equipment, x-ray jackets; long periods of standing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of the job whenever it deems necessary.