Under the guidance of the staff physicians and radiologist to perform diagnostic studies on patients of the clinic, all in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check quality control of equipment as to be able to perform studies.
2. Schedule studies appropriately and in a timely manner, to help physicians with patient care.
3. Perform said studies in the appropriate manner described with the diagnosis given, for continued patient care.
4. Record, photograph, store scans, reports for patient records.
5. Answer technical questions of camera or studies to physicians or patients.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Right now a one person department, directions comes from radiology supervisor, administration and physicians.
Patient charts gathered for stress thallium studies only. Basic information kept in computer for radiation safety controls. All information is confidential.
Each person coming into the department is different – you have to make many little decisions as how to best get them through the test.
Error in judgment would mean a second injection of radioactive material on another day to complete the exam if not all was received the first time.
Contact with patients and co-workers.
Large room, bright lights, overall eye pleasing to patients and staff.
Gamma camera -spect system, Siemens Ecams (2), Siemens RIS system, dose manager -computer, patient recording-computer in X-Ray
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Approved accredited school or hospital based training
Certification ARRT(N)or NMTCB
Required: Recent graduate with Florida License
Certified AART(N) or NMTCB
Preferred: Current certified Florida License with at least one year experience.
Required: Able to perform all routine nuclear medicine studies with good background in cardiology.
Must have good IV skills.
- Must have full use of arms and legs.
- Must have excellent eyesight and hearing.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of this job whenever it deems necessary.
Interested and qualified professionals may submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.