Full-Time Medical Courier/Scan Clerk
Position Reports To: Clerical Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for pickup and/or delivery of various items between the main clinic and various facilities in Winter Haven. Responsible for keeping up the maintenance on the Clinic van. Requires heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Pick up and deliver: lab specimens, supplies, money deposits, paychecks, between the main clinic and satellite offices.
- Pick up mail and deliver to designated areas.
- Pick up or deliver to any other facility as needed by Administration.
- Keep the van clean inside and out. Advise Administration when van needs to be serviced. Responsible for keeping gas in van.
- Keep cell phone on self at all times to be reached for stat requests. Must keep up with an Assigned schedule.
- Pick up boxes from various departments and deliver to storage facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned/requested.
- Any free time between scheduled rounds is to be spent in the scanning department scanning documents into the computer system.
- All patient information is to be kept at the highest level of confidentiality.
Any error in judgment could lead to charts, supplies, etc. arriving late to their intended destination. The duties of this job are governed by established policies and procedures.
Use computer, office software, and standard office equipment such as: multi line telephone, calculator, fax/copier, and mailing equipment
Responsible for safe driving and following safety rules as stated in the safety policy. Should not transport any passengers without prior approval from Administration.
Job requires good communication skills and ability to get along with coworkers at satellite offices and public in general.
Will be required to work in all outdoor elements: rain, extreme heat, etc.
Driving the Company Van. Using Computer. Using Company Issued Cell Phone.
Required: High School Diploma/GED
Must complete Biohazard and Safety training provided by the clinic.
Preferred: Prior Courier or similar experience preferred.
Required: Good driving record. Ability to get along with people and must be able to multi-task.
Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on own with minimal supervision.
Must have full use of arms and legs. Must have excellent eyesight and hearing. Must be able to handle the heavy lifting. Must be able to get in and out of the van with ease.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of this job whenever it deems necessary.
Interested and qualified professionals may submit a resume to email@example.com.