Experienced LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
JOB TITLE: Experienced LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Position Reports To: Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To provide paraprofessional support within the practice area and assist the RN or physician in routine patient care activities; when selected, act as team leader for the practice area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review patients electronic medical records to determine reason for the visit that day.
- Greet and escort patients to the exam room; take new patient history; ensure exam and utility rooms are neat, clean and well stocked. Assist the physician with exam and take vital signs.
- Screen phone calls for physician; patient consultation to determined needs; refer to receptionist; phone in prescriptions; phone lab results to patients, consult with patients regarding schedule lab work and surgery, patient teaching as directed by the physician, schedule surgery, x-rays, etc.
- Maintain confidential status of medical records in secure location; research medical records for information, update medical information in the EHR system; ensure all charges are done on a daily basis and sent to charge posting.
- Assist other physicians in your area when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Give direction to Medical Assistant and Medical Secretary in office.
All patient information is confidential.
Direction from physician or RN but basic medical decision making for education level is expected.
Error in judgment with this level of medical responsibility could be life threatening or physically damaging.
Physician, patients, co-workers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED
Vocational Nursing Program Degree
At least one-year hospital or medical office experience preferred.
Must have full use of arms and legs. Must have excellent eyesight and hearing. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. or more on a daily basis. Must be ambulatory in order to assist patients onto treatment tables.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of this job whenever it deems necessary.