Job Title: Insurance/Billing Clerk Department: Insurance Date:
Position Reports To: Patient Accounts Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To assist patients with Insurance and Billing problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist patients with Insurance and Billing problems/changes.
2. Assist other personnel with questions and account corrections.
3. Complete disability and other insurance forms.
4. Copy records for insurance companies asking for additional information.
5. Analyze accounts with credit balances.
6. Adjust monthly GI, BC, and BCP reports.
7. Evaluate monthly stat hold reports.
8. Analyze monthly HUM and MET reports.
9. Update GTE charts, verify consultation hospital charges.
10. Register new patients when needed.
11. Verify PPO discounts.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
All patient information is confidential.
Insurance protocol fixed. Decision making regarding customer service levels. Stress level medium to high.
Error in judgement and lack of customer service skills could lead to poor relations with the patients which would result in poor public relations for the clinic. Giving wrong information to customers about insurance issues and accounts could lead to monies not being collected.
Heavy contact with patients. Must practice excellent customer service skills.
Office setting. Air conditioned. Noise level medium to high. Always in view of patients.
Printer, copier, system practice software/accounts status/insurance, calculator.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Required: One (1) year customer service experience and at least one (1) year insurance experience.
Required: Must be computer literate, type 55 wpm, and must be proficient on a 10 key calculator.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Requires full mobility. Must have full use of arms and legs. Must have good hearing, sight, and communication skills.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of this job whenever it deems necessary.