Position Reports To:
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Establish positive, consultative relationships with assigned Physician offices
• Work with provider offices on education, documentation, and submission to plans
• Assist provider offices to setup EMR templates and checklists
• Re-view and abstract medical records from EMR and / or paper charts.
• Coordinate with health plans, vendors, etc. to complete assigned projects / tasks
• Coordinate with team to oversee review, extraction, and submission
• Coordinate with other departments team members on quality related tasks
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the MA may have access to confidential information relating to patients, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Good, solid judgment and discretion needed while performing duties. Clear and conceptual thinking ability, ability to handle work related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
Use computer, office software, and standard office equipment such as: multi line telephone, calculator, fax/copier, and mailing equipment
Preferred: RN, LPN, Managed Care setting or Quality Management experience preferred.
- Must have proficiency in health care related applications, EMR, Word, Excel, and a basic understanding of database management.
- Must be able to abstract data, and present data in clear reporting formats to support comparison and analysis.
- Knowledge base of clinical standards of care, preventive health standards, HEDIS, NCQA, governing and regulatory agency requirements, and the managed care industry.
- Must have analytical skills sufficient to assess and identify variations in data and processes.
- Ability to evaluate medical records and data with attention to detail
- Ability to interact with medical staff, peers, and internal company staff at all levels.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Aflac – Vision, Dental, Accident, Cancer, Short Term Disability, Hospital Indemnity
- Sick/Vacation Benefit
- Holiday Benefit
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Must be computer literate.
- Personality and demeanor to deal with the public and assist ill, older, or distraught patients.
- Must have excellent customer service, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Good sense of organization.
- Must pay attention to detail, have telephone skills, and be professional at all times.
- Must be able to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Must have the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Must have the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Work involves varied activities which include standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. The job calls for manual and finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and occasionally lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to normal range are both required. Work may be performed under stressful conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.