Job Title: Facilities Manager
Position Reports To: Administrator or their Designee
LSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and performing the activities related to maintenance, repairs and improvements to the Clinic’s facilities in compliance with established local, state, and federal standards. This position is responsible for the day to day supervision of assigned employees in the maintenance and housekeeping department.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY:
Performs duties with only general direction from the Administrator or their designee with independent judgment within established guidelines and policies.
Some work is performed outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions and may involve potential exposure to hazards such as chemicals. Other work is performed indoors at the Clinic’s facilities. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require basic safety precautions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate with the Administrator or their designee in long-range planning and establishing priorities for facilities maintenance, repairs and improvements.
- Supervise assigned staff (regular and contracted), planning, organizing, and directing work activities, participating in hiring; preparing performance evaluations for the approval of the Administrator or their designee; and recommending disciplinary action to the Administrator or their designee.
- Direct and/or perform the daily maintenance, repairs and improvements of assigned facilities.
- As required, coordinate work activities with other departments, representatives of local, state, and federal agencies, contractors, and equipment and service suppliers.
- Maintain excellent public relations by assuring that public/and internal inquiries are answered in a courteous manner and that complaints are responded to promptly. Where appropriate, refer inquiries to the Administrator or their designee.
- Negotiate, prepare, implement and administer construction and service contracts.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of quotes necessary for any outside services required.
- Periodically inspect all buildings and grounds and advise as to any preventative maintenance measures needed.
- Establish and implement maintenance schedules for all Clinic buildings and grounds.
- Maintain a work order system that tracks time spent on the various buildings which will allow Administration to check on the status of any work requests.
- Stay informed on changing products and technology and make recommendations to the Administrator or their designee.
- As required, prepare labor, material, time, and equipment estimates for new or modified facilities.
- Must have or acquire a working knowledge of facility maintenance and operations.
- Must have sufficient experience knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in all phases of building maintenance, including a basic general knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC systems.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of work hazards, safety procedures, and public safety matters.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- A Florida Contractor’s License is preferred.
- Must have the ability to plan, schedule, and review the work and performance of others in a manner conducive to proficient performance and high morale.
- Physical strength and ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor for extended periods under dirty and uncomfortable conditions and in all types of weather, as necessary.
- Ability to monitor radio messages while doing other work throughout the day.
- Must have excellent communications skills to direct employees and coordinate with other departments.
- Ability to take initiative and apply considerable ingenuity and practical knowledge to interpret and resolve new, unusual, or particularly troublesome situations.
- Flexibility to be available for emergency call-outs during off time.
- Reading ability to read and interpret technical journals, manuals, drawings and other materials pertaining to facility maintenance, equipment, systems and repair.
- Writing ability to write correspondence, memos to employees, and schedules.
Use of Tools and Equipment
- This position requires the ability to use all tools and to operate any equipment necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Regularly required to sit; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and see; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of this job whenever it deems necessary.