EHR Support Assistant
Department: Informatics & Optimization
Position Reports To: Director of Informatics & Optimization
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The EHR Support Assistant is expected to perform general administrative and EHR maintenance/optimization tasks, provide end-user workflow and application support, promote quality measure adoption, and complete other duties as assigned.
General Administrative Tasks
- Regularly distribute information both internally and to other departments
- Manage content on the intranet
- Draft and proof memos
- Develop written procedures and guides
- Coordinate schedules and meetings
- Answer phone calls and emails
EHR Maintenance & Optimization
- Create and deactivate users
- Reset user passwords
- Update user configuration (e.g. preferences, menus, keywords, task lists, views, favorites, etc.)
- Modify other application components as needed to enhance the end-user EHR experience
- Assist end-users with implementing appropriate EHR application and quality workflows
- Troubleshoot EHR application issues & errors and escalate when appropriate
- Thoroughly document cases and follow up with end-users
In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with or allow us to gather sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the EHR Support Assistant may have access to confidential information relating to patients, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organization. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
Information relating to patients, caregivers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorized persons in accordance with practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Good, solid judgement and discretion is needed while performing duties. Clear and conceptual thinking, the ability to handle work-related stress, and effective multi-tasking are all necessary components of the job. The EHR Support Assistant is expected to be respectful and courteous to others and to exhibit a high-degree of professionalism at all times.
Use of practice computers, software, standard office equipment (e.g. telephone, fax/copier).
- At least one year of experience as an administrative assistant or IT professional
- Experience using or supporting an EHR system in a professional setting
- Two years of post-secondary education (e.g. Associate’s Degree)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service, time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Kind, respectful, and professional demeanor; team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take meticulous notes and effectively disseminate information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Windows 7, and Windows 10
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and support EHR applications
Regularly required to sit; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and see; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.