To provide paraprofessional support within the practice area and assist the RN, LPN or physician in routine patient care activities; when selected, act as team leader for the practice area. Fills in when an employee is sick, on vacation or if an area need extra help.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review patients medical records to determine reason for the visit that day.
- Greet and escort patients to the exam room; take new patient history; ensure exam and utility rooms are neat, clean and well stocked. Assist the physician with exarn and take vital signs.
- Screen phone calls for physician, patient consultation to determined needs; refer to receptionist; phone in prescriptions; phone lab results to patients, consult with patients regarding schedule lab work and surgery, patient teaching as directed by the physician, schedule surgery, x-rays, etc.
- Maintain confidential status of medical records in secure location, research medical records for information, prepare charts for surgery patients; ensure all charges are done on a daily basis and sent to charge posting,
- Assist other physicians in your area when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Give direction to Medical Secretary in office
- All patient information is confidential.
Direction from physician, RN or LPN but basic medical decision making for education level is expected.
Error in judgment with this level of medical responsibility could be life threatening or physically damaging.
Physician, patients, co-workers.
Basic nursing equipment.
Required: High School Diploma or GED Vocational Medical Assisting Program Degree.
Preferred: At least one year out patient facility experience.
Work involves varied activities which include standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. The job calls for manual and finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and occasionally lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to normal range are both required. Work may be performed under stressful conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of people assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to change the duties or add to the duties of this job whenever it deems necessary.
Interested and qualified professionals may submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.