Areas Of Practice

Interventional Cardiology

If your doctor suspects that you have a blocked or malformed artery, you may be referred to an interventional cardiologist for a closer look. These specialists use catheters to diagnose or treat heart disease and to correct congenital heart defects. Typical procedures performed by interventional cardiologists include angioplasty and fluoroscopy. These interventions are minimally­invasive, so patients usually recover more quickly with less pain and minimal scarring.